Monday, 5 May 2014

Dining Area



I had created a dining area in the level to have a community feel within the village. As with most buildings in this level, I had tinted the interior with blue highlights from lighting effects.
With many of the buildings I had purposely kept the wood planked flooring so that the players can see below them at the water. I feel that this is nicer than having the floor closed off in general. The reason I had made the interiors with a blue lighting is to show the slight reflection of the water below them adding to the water village coral feel and look to it.

I played around with creating an extension of the dining room on the small coral beneath the building itself during the block out phase, however I found that it wasn’t the look I wanted for this area of the village. I also considered blocking out a balcony behind the platform of the dining room but decided that I would rather place more around the outside of the building itself to not segregate the villagers too much if they were to dine as a community.

Many of the smaller assets I created were made with the intention of instancing many around the level. I had designed them so that they will not have too many unique markings that would take away the believability that the objects are different.

However as the assets are small and will have many populating the level as well as not being as significant as say the larger planks that the players would see more often and, I felt that there was no reason to bring out any special detail to particularly derive one small repeated asset from another.



Outer area
Table of things
View outside
Inside the dining room
Back area

No comments:

Post a Comment