Monday, 5 May 2014

The start of my Final Major Project

To kick off my FMP, I had the initial ideas of creating either a twisted and rotated castle ruins or an arena based on the style of a 3D 8 way run battle arena with a fixed camera view.


A 3D battle arena with a fixed camera distance like this!
I decided to abandon those ideas as the lecturers gave off a feel that they were very disinteresting ideas for a final major project.


Soon after, I came about two new ideas to pitch to the lecturers as I felt they would make a much stronger project to kick out with.




Not really a ruins, but I liked the style and the colours shown
The first of my new ideas was the Train Graveyard. The Graveyard would be themed in that of an abandoned and forgotten rail station. It had been recently housed by a number of homeless and poor forgotten denizens of the area.

They had begun to make it their own town in which they can thrive (somewhat). Unfortunately with unknown circumstances, they disappeared from their home, leaving traces of signs that there were inhabitants.
One motivation for me to choose this idea was that I would be able to leave hints of why the inhabitants had disappeared. One idea I had was that of a secret rebel force was hiding amidst the homeless as a disguise. With the authority believing that they were all rebels to be pacified. I also like the idea that I was able to create mini stories in my head to add to the clues to why they had disappeared.

Here are some of the inspiration images I had come across:










I particularly liked this kind of style and would have pushed this concept further!

My other idea that I followed through with is that of a Water Village. Initially, I wanted to go with the Train Graveyard; however, I decided that I would like to create something with a happier looking FMP.
In the end, the Water Village won out because I liked the idea of making something bright and colourful in contrast of creating a dark and grimy FMP.

Here are some of the images I found inspiring:





















As I have decided to press on with the Water Village,I decided to make more design choices for it. I wanted to have the Village next to a cliffside as well as have the village settled above the water with wooden stilts as well as part of the coral.

No comments:

Post a Comment