Monday, 5 May 2014

The Mountain knows



At the mountain top, I wanted to have the villagers have a use for such a high vantage point. I put a large bonfire torch at the peak as a guiding light for all boats and ships in their world; as a kind of lighthouse beacon. I marked the large clay bowl with scorching’s to show that it has been in use.
I chose to use logs to prop the bowl in place to contrast along with the terrain (which is in place, helping the support of the logs). This seems very unsafe, however I had intended this as this shows more personality with the villager and its inhabitants.

I wanted to leave it ambiguous to the players to why they do not have much regard for the safety within the village as there are no barriers to stop the villagers from falling into the water or why there are many potential fire hazards littered around the level. Is it because they’re young and irresponsible, or is it because they are very responsible that they would not need to have a means for creating safety measures.
Base of the mountain
View from the tool shed
Up the first ladder
Top of the mountain

No comments:

Post a Comment